You may think that a heart rate monitor is not necessary for everyone, but it is considered an excellent tool for those who work out. Indeed, the American Heart Association suggests that you should do an exercise that is vigorous enough to increase your heart rate to your target heart-rate zone. And with the advancement in technology, what better way to have it than with Bluetooth? So, in this post, we will talk about the best Bluetooth heart rate monitor out on the market today to help you with your search.
Best Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor: Top Three Picks
We will discuss the features, pros, and cons of three products and help you pick out the best one, so you will have a better idea of what a good heart rate monitor should be.
Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor
For over 30 years, Polar has been working with globally leading brands to add the heart rate technology into their systems for an added value. The Polar H10 can be used with a fitness and sports application downloaded in your mobile phone so that you can experience how its technology can add value to your exercise.
- It is a chest-wrapped heart monitor device, which fits chests that measures 22-34 inches.
- It comes in a soft textile material that is comfortable to wear, with silicone dots to prevent slips and a buckle for security.
- It has built-in memory that allows the user to store one training session.
- It is compatible with GoPro Hero 5, iPhone 4S iOS and up, and Android version 4.3 and up with Bluetooth capability of 4.0.
- It has an enhanced battery life which can last up to 400 hours of operation time
- It has electrode sensors which contribute to its accuracy.
- It has an operating temperature of -10 to +50 degrees Celsius or 14 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It can monitor heart rate even in water with its 5 kHz transmission.
- It can transfer data to Polar Beat, Polar’s fitness and sports training app that gives you 100+ sports profiles, provides you with live voice guidance and allows for social media sharing. The Polar Beat application allows you to track your training session even if your phone is not attached to you. You only need to start the training session in the application, leave your phone and then start with your exercise.
- A chest-wrapped heart monitor device, perfect where wrist units are not ideal
- Soft textile material with non-slip silicone dots
- Built-in memory
- Compatible with GoPro Hero 5, iPhone 4S iOS and up, and Android version 4.3 and up with Bluetooth capability of 4.0.
- Enhanced battery life up to 400 hours of operation time
- Electrode sensors for accuracy
- Operating temperature of -10 to +50 degrees Celsius or 14 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit
- 5 kHz transmission to monitor heart rate even in water
- Can transfer data to Polar Beat, allows tracking even without your phone
- Bluetooth synchronization or pairing issues
- Missed recordings on some intervals when used in a prolonged training session
Scosche RHYTHM+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband
In 1980, Roger and Scotia Alves founded the Scosche Industries. They started as a consulting and research business in their residence in Southern California, where they initially focused on car audios. Furthermore, their ongoing cutting-edge product introductions to consumer technology arenas have proven their commitment to innovation.
Scosche Industries is now recognized internationally and is considered as an award-winning producer and innovator in consumer technology.
- It is an armband heart rate monitor with a small and large blue strap that measures 8 x 9 x 10 inches.
- It is compatible with Bluetooth smart devices up to 100 feet range and with ANT+ watches.
- It works with the most popular fitness and health applications like the MapMyFitness Strava and DigiFit Run Keeper.
- It uses a dual-mode processor which allows you to transmit your data to multiple ANT+ displays simultaneously.
- It uses a yellow/green patented optical sensor technology which allows you to monitor and track data accurately so that you can make real-time adjustments on the intensity of your workout.
- It has a total battery life of eight hours.
- It comes in IP67 construction which makes it waterproof and sweatproof.
- It is powered by Valencell’s PerformTek which is a biometric sensor technology that continuously monitors heart rates during exercise for fitness assessments.
- Its neoprene armband design is breathable and comfortable.
- Monitors your calories burned, heart rate, pace, and distance accurately
- Compatible with Bluetooth smart devices up to 100 feet range
- Compatible with ANT+ watches
- Works with the most popular fitness and health applications
- Dual-mode processor
- Can be used without being attached to your phone, simply attach the device to your forearm
- Patented optical sensor technology
- Eight hours of battery life
- waterproof and sweatproof
- biometric sensor technology for continuous monitoring
- Does not store data
- Needs to be paired with an application to track your heart rate
- Does not work with Orange Theory Fitness Gym
- Skips for a few seconds at times
- Sudden drops on your heart rate even with high-level activities
TomTom Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor
TomTom’s navigation technologies and software power a huge number of applications globally. They introduced easy-to-use navigation devices which were recognized as the most influential and most successful inventions of all time. They also develop mapmaking technology and location-based products with automotive navigation solutions and advanced fleet management.
- It measures 1.4 x 3.5 x 7.7 inches and weighs 1.6 ounces.
- It is a chest-wrap heart rate monitor.
- It utilizes the Bluetooth Smart technology for enhanced compatibility and battery life.
- Quickly slows down and speeds up depending on your training intensity
- Strap was designed for max comfort
- Short battery life
- Slows down at times which can be due to Bluetooth disconnection or low battery life
We hope that these detailed reviews of the top three products famous on the market today have enlightened you on what the best Bluetooth heart rate monitor should be. Our top pick is the sweatproof and waterproof Scosche RHYTHM+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband because not only it is comfortable to wear, but also because it is compatible with ANT+ watches and other Bluetooth Smart devices. This feature allows you to connect easily with the most popular fitness applications and keep track of your progress. Plus, it has a battery life of eight hours!
However, if an armband fitness device will not give you comfort while you exercise, then the Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor may cut the job for you. It is wrapped around your chest while you train. It lasts up to a total of 400 hours of battery life. It is also compatible with different fitness applications that can add value to your training sessions. Additionally, its 5 kHz transmission allows it to monitor heart rate even in the water.