You might have experienced some muscle aches and pains before, and you needed a body massage. However, not everyone has access to a massage therapist. One great alternative for getting relief for your tight, sore, or overworked muscles and fascia aching is by using the best foam roller on Amazon.
Foam rollers are designed to utilize your body weight, and they have a pro-roller to assist you to do self-massage for Myofascial release. Simply put, they are an excellent tool for performing accurate, useful, and robust self-massages on your sore muscles.
The Benefits of Foam Rolling
Foam rollers have many benefits.
- They increase your blood flow to various tight muscles in your body.
- You end up having a smoother movement during workouts, an improved range of motion, and reduced risk of injury since your muscles are better coordinated.
- You experience lesser recovery time from an injury and subsequently have faster results during a workout especially when you do the massage before and after a workout.
When you are shopping for the best foam roller on Amazon, for massage and fitness, you need to look for such features as appearance (spiky, plain or low key), the brand company (Trigger Point), durability (can it survive regular exercise over an extended period of time?) and design (no bumps or grooves for a deeper massage).
Below is a summary of three of the best foam rollers on Amazon.
We hope you love the products we recommend! We only products that we thoroughly investigate and believe is a real value for you.
Sports Send may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. It is at no extra cost for you.
1. TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller (13-inch)
These imported foam rollers have a multi-density exterior for effectiveness and durability. Their specifications include standard density, 13×5.5 inches, 500-pound weight limit, and a full year manufacturer’s warranty. Their patented multi-dimensional surfaces with a rigid and hollow core design mimic a massage therapist’s hand motion.
They are useful in improving oxygen flow, healing of tissue, and channeling blood flow. In the end, using the Trigger Point GRID Foam Roller will relieve your muscle and joint pain; improve your circulation, flexibility, balance, and mobility.
When you buy the foam rollers, you gain access to free online instructional video library on foam rolling best practices from the experts at TriggerPoint. The foam roller is available in three different sizes and two separate densities. It’s in Black, Camo, Lime, Orange, and Pink colors.
- Durable – They maintain their shape and form even after prolonged use.
- The multi-density exterior design provides different levels of pressure.
- The different sizes make them highly portable.
- Some users may find the density a lit bit too hard
- Other users see the smaller size not adequate to cover the targeted muscle areas.
2. LuxFit Foam Roller
These foam rollers have been created using molded polypropylene foam technology, which results in dense foams that do not lose shape even after heavy use. Their smooth surface repels liquids.
These foam rollers are excellent for physical therapy before and after undertaking exercise, yoga, and massage therapy. They increase muscle reflexology and ease muscle tension. They are perfect for balance, correct positioning, and muscle re-education. Additionally, they work well to streamline your spinal cord and consequently you achieve better posture.
If you have trouble coordinating your body arms and drawing strength, these foam rollers will help you. They increase body awareness and range when performing strengthening activities.
They are available in four different sizes, that is, 36-inch, 24-inch, 18-inch, and 12-inch sizes. These foam rollers come with a 3-year limited warranty and free online instructional video.
- They are available in multiple sizes
- They are durable.
- They are easy to maintain.
- Some users have complained that the foam rollers are too hard.
3. TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller (26-inch)
Made by the trusted Trigger Point brand, the GRID Foam Rollers has grooves throughout their surfaces instead of the usual smooth surface. These grooves create a grid with different zones of firmness and multi densities. These zones are effective in altering pressure during your Myofascial massage.
These imported foam rollers are designed using quality materials to offer a superior multi-density exterior (standard density, 26×5.5 inches, 500-pound weight limit) over a rigid hollow core patented design. This exterior ensures that the foam roller lasts longer without losing its shape over time.
Once you buy the foam rollers, you automatically gain access to a free online instructional video library detailing the best foam rolling practices by experts from TriggerPoint. The Trigger Point foam rollers have the approval of physical and massage therapists, chiropractors, sports physicians, trainers, and athletes to provide muscle recovery, pain relief, and improved flexibility worldwide.
The foam rollers are in black, pink, and orange colors. They are available in varying sizes. That is, the original GRID at 13 inches, the GRID 2.0 at 26 inches, the GRID mini at 4 inches, the ultra-firm GRID X at 13 inches, the GRID STK at 21 inches, and finally the NANO foot roller at 6.5 inches. They have a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Made by a trusted brand
- Its rigid core is durable
- Available in various sizes to suit your preference and usage habits
- Its hollow design can support up to 500 pounds
- Effective in doing Myofascial massage
- You can easily get duped by fake imitations in the market.
- The price is a bit on the higher side.
Whichever foam rollers you go for, beware of fake imitations in the market today. Confirm the logo on the product upon receiving it. The real test of the foam roller’s worth shows in their durability, how practical they are in doing Myofascial massage, how convenient they are to carry around, and of course whether they ‘ll relieve your tight, sore, or overworked muscles. Try them today.