Polarized sunglasses are famous due to the positive impact they have on the performance and optimum safety of outdoor enthusiasts. The best polarized sunglasses help reduce the glare from surface reflections that is why fishermen, boaters, golfers, bikers, joggers, and other outdoor enthusiasts use them on their activities.
How Do Polarized Sunglasses Work?
Light tends to become polarized when it gets reflected from flat surfaces, which can reduce visibility. Polarized lenses, however, come with a filter that can reduce glares by blocking the reflected light. Apart from the outdoor enthusiasts, people who are sensitive to the light or those who just had surgery are usually advised and recommended to use these glasses to protect their eyes.
These days, there are so many brands and companies that offer different types of polarized sunglasses, making it difficult for you to choose one. So, in this post, we will take a closer look at three of the top polarized sunglasses on the market today.
Best Polarized Sunglasses: Top Three Picks
Let’s find out what they can offer. We will weight their features, pros, and cons, and take our best pick to help you decide for yourself as well.
Ray-Ban RB2132 Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses
This brand became a part of Luxottica Group since 1999. Ray-Ban’s core values focus on authenticity, timeless style, and freedom of expression which makes the organization a leader in prescription and sun eyewear for many generations. Ray-Ban has been a symbol of self-expression and the cultural change forefront.
CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
- The Ray-Ban RB2132 Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses is made up of nylon.
- These polarized sunglasses have a plastic frame.
- It has a crystal lens.
- The RB2132 Wayfarer has UV400 protection coating.
- Its lens is 55 mm wide and 37.6 mm tall.
- Its bridge measures 18 mm long, and its arm is 145 mm.
- It has green lenses and tortoiseshell frames.
- The RB2132 Wayfarer comes with a case and cleaning cloth.
- Softer shape and smaller lens
- Comes with a cleaning cloth and a case
- Can easily be left with sticky residues and fingerprints
Under Armour Men’s Core 2.0 Sunglasses
Under Armour was founded by Kevin Plank who was a former football player in the University of Maryland in 1996. The company is known to be the originator of different performance apparels which are engineered to keep athletes dry, cool, and light throughout the entire game, workout, or practice. Their mission is to make the athletes better through design, passion, and the pursuit of innovation.CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
- The Under Armour Men’s Core 2.0 Sunglasses is made up of grilamid frame and hybrid titanium which are lightweight and resistant to impact.
- It has a plastic lens which measures 69 mm in width.
- These polarized sunglasses have UVA, UVC, and UVB protective coating.
- Its bridge measures 18 mm, and its arm is 105 mm.
- This Uner Armour sunglasses fit large to extra large.
- Ultimate sports sunglasses due to its versatility and unbeatable performance
- Impact-resistant and ultra-lightweight grilamid frame and hybrid titanium.
- Pinnacle three-point grip
- Adjustability and comfort of the temple for a customized fit
- Adjustable nose pads
- Strategic spacing in the middle of the lens and the frame
- Cap gripper which allows you to securely fit the sunglasses if you want to wear it upside down on the cap
- May seem too bulky
- If you have an average face size, then the sunglasses may not perfectly fit especially on the nose bridge.
Oakley Men’s OO9188 Flak 2.0 XL Sunglasses
Oakley was acquired in 2007 but was established in 1975. It is known as one of the leading sports performance and product design brands in the world which is why it is the first choice of athletes when they compete. They are also popular due to their innovative lens technologies, and they extend their services into accessories and apparels, offering women and men’s product lines that appeal to active, lifestyle, and sporty consumers.CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
- The Oakley Men’s OO9188 Flak 2.0 XL Sunglasses have a polycarbonate lens with a molded frame.
- The Oakley 009188 has polarized lenses that measure 59 mm wide and has high definition optics.
- Its bridge is 12 mm long, and its arm is 133 mm long.
- The polarized sunglasses were designed with a secure grip of unobtanium and patented XYZ optics for razor-sharp clarity.
- Enhanced lens coverage with standard frame size
- Lightweight design and yet durable
- Secure grip
- Razor-sharp clarity
- May not perfectly fit if you have a big face and large features
The Final Verdict
After a detailed comparison and discussion of the features, pros, and cons of the top three products on the market today, which can we now choose as the best polarized sunglasses? Well, we can say that all three items offer great features that can serve and satisfy you. However, our top pick is the Ray-Ban RB2132 Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses because it is the only unisex sunglasses among the three products. Aside from being neutral-gender, it also has a softer shape and smaller polarized crystal lens, plus it has UV400 protection coating.
The Under Armour Men’s Core 2.0 Sunglasses, on the other hand, is a better choice for men since it has a cap gripper which will allow you to securely fit the sunglasses if you want to wear it upside down on your cap when not in use. Its temple part can also be adjusted so that you can customize the fit, and it comes with adjustable nose pads. Although, if you have an average face size, then the Oakley Men’s OO9188 Flak 2.0 XL Sunglasses may be your best bet as the former may not fit perfectly especially on the nose bridge.
Overall, these polarized sunglasses are competitive when it comes to the features that they offer. However, the most important thing to consider is what you need. Consider when and where you will use the sunglasses for, and how often will that be so that you can check which product will match your needs. Also, if you need sunglasses for rehabilitation purposes, or if you just had eye surgery or have sensitive eyes, then it is best to involve your doctor in the decision-making step, so you can choose the best sunglasses for you medically speaking.