For some people, their running necessities include only their mobile phone and car key. For others, it would consist of a towel, water, phone, and sometimes even some pen and paper for when they suddenly get inspired while getting their adrenaline boost.
Depending on what people consider important when it comes to doing outdoor activities, there is always the best running backpack for that.
We hope you love the products we recommend! We only products that we thoroughly investigate and believe is a real value for you.
Sports Send may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. It is at no extra cost for you.
Best Running Backpacks
Running is not a simple hobby or sport. Others perceive it as such because it seems like running is a natural thing. However, for those who are really into this sport, they know that it is not easy at all.
It requires inspiration, dedication, and a lot of energy. For these reasons, runners need the feel to bring something with them when they run.
Runners at the park usually have an armband where they can put their mobile phone and car key. The mobile phone is for playing music to keep them running until they reach their goal.
More serious runners also bring some water with them to ensure that they will not feel dehydrated along the way. Nevertheless, they want a running backpack that will not add too much weight and would still feel comfortable and snug.
Hence, below, three different kinds of running backpacks are reviewed. They range from the most simple to the most complicated, from one pocket to several pockets, and from small to big.
Gear Beast Running Backpack
Gear Beast Running Backpack is one of the smallest backpacks on the market today. It is used to carry around the runner’s mobile phone, some cash and card, and keys.
It can fit gadgets up to six inches in height even with thick cases. It also has three holes in the top cover, so the runner can choose in which slot to put the earphones cord.
This running backpack comes in black, grey, and neon pink colors. It looks like an armband pocket, and they are similar in terms of size, but this is placed at the back just like a backpack. It is better than similar products like waist packs, running belts and fanny packs since it is bounce-free.
The padded wings and shoulder straps fit snugly against the upper back of the user. It also comes with a shoulder extension and chest strap for more comfort and stability.
Likewise, it is equipped with a Velcro to seal the pockets and ensure that no matter how much movement you make, the stuff in it will stay in place.
- Very lightweight and can accommodate the necessities.
- It is constructed using durable materials that can withstand any weather and running condition.
- It can fit most kinds and sizes of mobile phones.
- It fits the body perfectly.
- The straps are easy to adjust to match the body structure of the user.
- Is not very flexible in terms of how much a person can put inside.
- This backpack is also not good for long distances since it does not have pockets or slots for water
Mubasel Gear Insulated Hydration Backpack
This backpack is different from the first one in terms of size and functionality. It has a water bladder or water bag inside that can store up to two liters of water.
It is BPA-free, and FDA approved to ensure your safety. It is also leak-proof and has a durable screw. In addition, it has an extendable bite valve that makes it easily accessible.
It also has an insulation system to keep the water cool for a maximum of five hours and has three storage compartments that can fit other items like clothes. Likewise, it has mesh pockets for more stuff especially when hiking.
This backpack is excellent not just for running but also for long walks and even for hiking since it has padded straps, and is made of breathable materials. The cloth is also water-resistant and is lightweight.
It also comes with a chest strap that can fit 27 inches up to 50 inches of chest width. Further, it has a hole for earphone cords for the user’s listening pleasure.
- It can contain all the essentials for both running and hiking.
- The water bladder can contain enough water.
- The bag uses high-quality materials for durability and the security of the stuff inside it.
- The water bladder is easy to clean since it opens wide at the top.
- It is comfortable when worn since the shoulder and chest straps can be easily adjusted.
- Some people may find it uncomfortable when running since it could easily bounce.
- It might get heavy with all the things the user might need to bring.
TETON Sports Oasis 1100
This bag can accommodate up to 18 liters of stuff that would be very useful for outdoor and overnight activities. It also has a BPA-free water bladder that can contain a maximum of two liters of water.
Also, its opening is big enough for ice cubes and ice tubes. What is better is that it has a durable sip tube and a bite valve for the convenience of the user.
This backpack can be used by youth and adults alike since it can be adjusted to different kinds of body size. Additionally, it boasts of its low-profile athletic cut for a more comfortable fit against the body of the user no matter how heavy it might get.
A foam stabilizer mesh has also been added in the straps, providing the user with more comfort. It also has a large secret pocket and weather protection to ensure that the contents are secure. Moreover, it has a small bungee cord in front for use on bike helmets, etc.
- Large enough to contain all the essentials of hiking and running.
- It is great for hiking since it uses breathable materials, and most parts have mesh for comfort.
- It has a great design that is appropriate for all ages.
- The water bladder does not open fully, so it cannot be cleaned 100%.
- It does not have insulation.
Since these backpacks come in different forms and functionalities, it is quite a challenge to decide on which one is the best running backpack. However, when it comes to short-distance running and jogging, the best one is Gear Beast Running Backpack since it is very small, and only contains all the essentials.
The runner can always get water from a nearby store or from the car, and there is no need to bring too much stuff if they are only jogging for a while.