Before we called it a running pouch, it would have probably been described as a fanny pack. It is a pouch that goes around the waist and stores a lot of items that we use. When exercising outdoors, one of the concerns that we have is where we would store our things, like our cellular phones, while on the move, and that is what the running pouch does. However, when you buy one, you must make sure that you find the best running pouch for you. How?
For starters, all manufacturers will claim that their products are the best, so you will have to go through the product’s features. You should also check what their previous customers say about the product.
One feature that you should always look for above others is a waterproof design. The last thing you would really want is to be out running, and your electronics are destroyed because of exposure to water. In order to help you find the perfect running pouch for you, we have evaluated two products below.
We hope you love the products we recommend! We only products that we thoroughly investigate and believe is a real value for you.
Sports Send may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. It is at no extra cost for you.
Best Running Pouches: Our Top Three Picks
The running pouches presented here have a feature that every sporting, and exercise enthusiast will appreciate, and that is, it comes with a waterproof design. While the manufacturers have designed the belts or pouches to fit most waistlines, it is difficult for persons with larger or smaller waist sizes to get a comfortable fit with their belt.
The pouches we described below are said to have a snug fit. Since they seem to have similar features, we will find out which one is cost-efficient.
Running Buddy XL Pouch
The Running Buddy XL Pouch may be the best running pouch that money can buy since it is not just designed for runners, but it is also suitable for cyclists, travelers, and walkers. This is available in black and pink colors.
- Size Dimension: 6 3/4 inches (L) x 4 inches (H)
- Listed Weight: Approximately four ounces
- Made of dri-fit and chafe-free material
- Water-resistant pocket interiors
- Equipped with strong magnets
- Front and back flaps
- Designed in the USA
- Zippered headphone port
- Can fit iPhone 4 to 8, Galaxy S, and Galaxy Note
- Comes with a warranty
- Slim and lightweight
- Has enough storage space
- Protects valuables from water splashes
- Fits most cellular phone devices with its 6 3/4 x 4-inch design
- Does not require the use of an armband or belt
- Can be attached to anyone’s waistline, even if they are on the larger side
- Can receive calls and listen to music hands-free
- Designed by a certified and experienced running coach
- Gets heavy and may restrict your exercise
- Doesn’t fit larger phones with bulky casings
- Works better for persons with slim bodies
- Not 100% waterproof
- The flaps can be a bit annoying while you run.
Sport2People LED Reflective Running Belt
Sport2People LED Reflective Running Belt is available in three various fluorescing colors namely pink, yellow, and blue. As similar to the second product we reviewed, this also looks like a fanny pack but has a slimmer and sleeker design. This is also suited for multiple activities like walking, running, and cycling.
- Made of elastic and soft material
- Reflective straps
- Outfitted with a USB charger
- Water-resistant, zippered pocket that can accommodate phones as large as Galaxy 8
- Equipped with a LED light with three brightness settings
- USB cord to charge the light
- Accessible on-and-off light button
- Made in the USA
- Comes with a money-back guarantee and an extended warranty
- Perfect for night running
- Incoming vehicles can see you up to 300 feet distance
- Comfortable to wear
- Lightweight, adjustable, and compact
- Stretchable and roomy pocket
- Stays in place and does not bounce with movement
- Stores and protects your valuable from environmental elements
- Risk-free purchase
- Suitable for kids and adults
- No headphone holes or pocket
- Some might come with a non-functional light
- Not 100% waterproof (only the pocket interior)
- Comes with little or no instructions to guide the usage
- Storing keys and coins might scratch your phone
The two pouches above will ensure that you can carry your essentials comfortably and securely while doing outdoor activities. If you are a minimalist and you do not want to wrap something with a weight around your waist, then the Running Buddy XL Pouch will be perfect for you.
On the other hand, if you are opting for a more stylish option and you are someone who does not really like listening to music or answering calls while doing activities, then the Sport2People pouch will be best for you. This is also recommended for those who love to run when the sun goes down.
2 thoughts on “Best Running Pouches that Money Can Buy”
As a habit runner, I can confirm that some kind of pouch or small bag is needed. Especially for the long distance runs.
I usually use a small belt with small water flasks, and my phone cover to store valuables like a drivers license, a bit of money and my music source.
Thank you very much for a nice review series, I believe I will go for the Coasfash Running belt, as this allows me to bring small water bottles, music and what else I need to bring, without getting overloaded.
Thank you, Thomas.
Yes, it is much more comfortable to run with the most important things rather than keep it here or there when you running.
Coasfash Running belt is a excellent choise. And it have the extra bonus that it works well to in other sports activities like walking and hiking.