Smartwatches or fitness trackers need no introduction. With their well-deserved popularity for revolutionizing fitness, almost everybody knows by now what they are for and what they can do. So, instead, we will introduce you to the best smartwatch for running at a price that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
While the first releases of these fitness wearables would create a hole in your pocket—and a few, still do—there are many out there that get the job done without the hefty price tag. Check out our list of the best smartwatches for running that are below $200.
Amazfit Stratos Multisport SmartwatchCHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
This fitness tracker comes with the following features:
- Sleek design and rugged craftsmanship
The Amazfit Stratos Multisport Smartwatch comes with a 2.5D Gorilla Glass and 1.34-inch always-on touchscreen display, carbon fiber and plastic watch casing, stainless steel buttons, a polished ceramic bezel, and a 22mm silicone band. And making it truly an outdoor sports watch is its 5 ATM water resistance rating.
- Sunlight readable screen
With its transflective screen, it lets you see data on your watch when outdoors.
- GPS + GLONASS route tracking and special sports modes
The Amazfit Stratos Multisport Smartwatch is equipped with GPS + GLONASS route tracking to help you achieve your personal best, indoors or outdoors. It also has several sports modes, namely: cycling, elliptical machine, indoor swimming, mountaineering, open water swimming, running, triathlon, trail running, skiing, soccer, tennis, and walking.
- Multiple fitness data
It keeps track of a wide range of activities, including heart rate, steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep quality. It also lets you in on your VO2 max (maximum volume of oxygen) metrics, exercise load, and recovery time.
- WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 enabled
As you sweat it out in the running track or keep busy at work, it keeps you updated with email, phone calls, SMS, and social media notifications; weather forecasts; and more from your phone. You can also play music with its onboard music player.
- High Temperature-Resistance Level
Whether it’s freezing or sweltering hot outside, the Amazfit Stratos Multisport Smartwatch will keep up with you under 0-40°C temperatures.
- Long-lasting Battery Life
The Amazfit Stratos Multisport Smartwatch will stay on for more than five days with regular use. Meanwhile, it can last up to 35 hours with the heart-rate and GPS route on.
- Solid construct and looks good
- 50m water resistance level, a great sports watch that you can take with you in the shower or for a swim—not a dive!
- Working and accurate sports tracking features
- Lets you enjoy music while doing your workout
- At par with other expensive smartwatches without the hefty price tag
- Might be too big for other people’s taste
- Display color is somewhat muted
- Provides notifications from your phone, but you can’t text or take calls from it.
Toobur Fitness Tracker WatchCHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
The smartwatch has the following features:
- Slim design
The Toobur Fitness Tracker Watch has a 1.57 x 0.96 inch OLED screen, as well as a wristband that’s only 0.63 inches wide and with perimeter range of 5.5 to 8.1 inches.
- 14 Activity modes
It has sports modes for badminton, basketball, bicycle, dancing, dynamic cycling, fitness, football, mountaineering, pedestrianism, running, treadmill, tennis, walking, and yoga. It records steps taken and calories burned. And via phone connectivity, it maps out your workout route in VeryFitPro.
- Heart rate monitor and sleep tracker
Besides the activity tracker, the Toobur Fitness Tracker Watch provides heart rate information for resting, average, and max HR modes. It can also monitor your sleep.
- Wrist sense technology
No need to click any button to wake your watch. Simply turn your wrist towards you and the screen displays automatically.
- Remote phone camera control
The Toobur Fitness Tracker Watch is selfie-ready. Just tap the oval icon on your watch to communicate with your phone’s camera to shoot.
- Multiple alarms
Need several reminders throughout the day? The fitness tracker can be set to go off on ten separate occasions, reminding you by vibrating.
- SMS and social media notifications and music player
It lets you stay connected with your phone by giving you SMS and SNS alerts as well as call alerts.
- iOS and Android compatibility
The Toobur Fitness Tracker Watch is compatible with Android 4.4 and above, iOS 7.1 and up, and Bluetooth 4.0 (phone only). It comes with the free app VeryFitPro.
This fitness tracker is sweat-, rain-, and splash-proof.
- Slender and lightweight
- Easy charging. Just remove the straps and plug the watch face into any USB port.
- Lets you control your phone camera
- You can choose from a black, blue, or purple color.
- Very affordable
- Possible odd or tight fit for people with larger wrists
- Data can be a little off
Panerme GPS Running WatchCHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
The Panerme GPS Running Watch features:
- High-resolution screen
The Panerme GPS Running Watch has a 1.3-inch touchscreen LCD that lets you see your stats clearly.
- Six Sports training modes
It tracks cycling, hiking, indoor and trail run, running, and walking. It also registers air pressure, built-in temperature, and altitude. It records steps taken, distance covered, pace, and calories burned.
- Heart rate and other metrics
The Panerme GPS Running Watch also provides heart rate information in sports training, resting, and average modes, as well as sleep quality data.
- Built-in GPS
This enables it to receive GPS signal and provide GPS position, record move trajectory, and track route.
- Smart notifications
It gives you text, calls, email, and social media alerts.
- iOS and Android compatibility
The Panerme GPS Running Watch is compatible with Android 4.4 and above, iOS 8.0 and up, communicating via Bluetooth 4.0. It comes with the downloadable app HitFit.
- Good Battery Life
The smartwatch will hold a charge for four to five days on standby mode. When connected to a phone via Bluetooth, it stays up 15-22 hours. In GPS sports training mode, it lasts 8-10 hours.
- Tough construction
- GPS and altitude function make thoughtful additions
- More affordable than high-end smartwatches that can do the same things
- When used with Android phones, it can get both notifications and lets you read them. With iPhones, you can only receive alerts.
- Local temperature reading can be off
- Battery life is not as good as the other two. Drains fast, especially with the GPS on.
Garmin vívoactive Black
The Garmin vivoactive black is very cool since it already comes with its own sports apps. You can even use it to track your different activities. With this watch, you can keep track of your statistics without having to check your phone.
This watch has a basic design and a great display size. The touchscreen display is ultra-thin and has a high-resolution. This model also has an excellent battery charge. It even has a fun feature. You can customize it for free from the Connect IQ store. You can choose a different face design as well as your choice of apps and widgets.
- The watch comes with sports apps already built into it.
- Has a very long battery life.
- You can personalize it from the Connect IQ store.
- Comes with a user manual in case you need to perform troubleshooting.
- Basic design isn’t very stylish.
- Only comes in 2 colors (black and white).
Best Smartwatch for running: The Verdict
So, which one’s the best smartwatch for running? We recommend you go for the priciest or the cheapest of the three. If you have the budget and are serious about running, then the Amazfit Stratos Multisport Smartwatch offers you the best value for your money for smartwatches at the expensive yet practical range.
But if you’re working with a limited budget, then the Toobur Fitness Tracker Watch manages to offer you more value for the dollar with its wrist sense technology and remote phone camera control feature that you can’t even find in the Amazfit Stratos Multisport Smartwatch. Still, for higher accuracy, Amazfit Stratos can’t be beaten!