Primarily, sunglasses were invented to protect one’s eyes from the harmful UV rays, allowing one to ski, drive, run, walk or do any other activity that can be hindered by glare from reflections. Today, sunglasses are more than just an accessory to protect one’s eyes, especially to a woman, as a nice pair of sunglasses either completes her whole look or complements her style, making her more attractive and confident. This is among the reasons why sunglasses are now considered a wardrobe staple. But, what are the best sunglasses for women?
Women sunglasses range from cat-eyes, round lenses, aviators, rectangular, and oval, among others. In this fashion-forward world, most women wear sunglasses for their aesthetic appeal. They have learned how to make different kinds of sunglasses work to enhance and frame their features.
And because of the fast changes with the trends these days, one may find it difficult and overwhelming to choose the right sunglasses that will fit her perfectly. With that said, let’s get to know three top brands of women sunglasses and find out what they have to offer.
Best Sunglasses for Women: Top Three Picks
On this post, we will discuss the top three products popular on the market today and compare their features, pros, and cons, so we can lay down all the facts and make it easy for you to choose on which one to get.
Prada Women’s Aviator Sunglasses
Mario Prada founded the Prada brand in 1913. The first store was launched and opened in Milan, where they sold trunks, travel accessories, and precious bags. It is considered one of the widely recognized and prestigious brands in the fashion industry. The brand represents the best of Italian tradition and culture with its uncompromising quality and sophisticated style which is why it is also known as a trendsetter and one of the most innovative fashion brands.CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
- The Prada Women’s Aviator Sunglasses has a plastic frame and lens.
- It is non-polarized.
- This aviator sunglasses for women has 54-mm wide lenses, 18-mm bridge, and 135-mm arm length.
- It weighs 9.9 ounces.
- It has embossed lettering of the logo on its arm.
- The package includes a Prada box, a case, a cleaning cloth and paperwork which may vary.
- Comes with a cleaning cloth, case, box, and paperwork
- Has slender metal bands with thick resin frames which makes it look modern
- May not perfectly fit if you have a large face with prominent features
Maui Jim Women’s Punchbowl Sunglasses
Maui Jim is a small company that started selling sunglasses in 1980. Their goal is to provide technology-advanced products which can help combat harmful UV rays and reduce intense glare while allowing one to see the beautiful colors around. They started with only seven styles which then increased to over 125. Each style offers to protect the user from the harmful UVB and UVA rays.CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
- The Maui Jim Women’s Punchbowl Sunglasses is made up of two-tone Nylon.
- It has glass lenses which are also polarized and prescription-ready.
- This pair of sunglasses measures 2 x 2 inches and weighs around 5.6 ounces.
- Lenses are prescription-ready
- Helps eliminate glares up to 99%
- Helps boost colors
- Provides 100% UV protection
- Is rectangular which complements a variety of facial features
- The stems may peel off over time, and they can scratch the back of the ears or your face.
- May not fit perfectly if you have a big face with large features
- The inside of the frames may wrinkle or bubble over time.
Gucci GG0062S Pilot Sunglasses
The Gucci brand was founded by Guccio Gucci in 1921 and has been one of the most popular global fashion brands for years. It is known for its Italian-crafted modern leather apparel, accessories, and goods for both men and women. They are well known because of their advanced and innovative approach to fashion, and their products represent the Italian craftsmanship and their uncompromising attention and quality to details.CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
- The Gucci GG0062S Pilot Sunglasses is made up of plastic with a composite frame and lens.
- It has non-polarized lenses which measure 57 mm wide.
- Its bridge measures 17 mm, and its arm is 140 mm.
- It weighs around 6.4 ounces.
- This pair of sunglasses provides UV400 protection lenses.
- Its frame comes with a two-year warranty.
- Simple yet elegant design which gives you an ultimate look
- Can be paired with any wardrobe
- Can complete an overlook look
- The lenses can be easily scratched, and the marks may easily become noticeable.
The Final Verdict
After a detailed discussion and comparison of the features, pros, and cons of the top three items famous on the market today, which can we now choose as the best sunglasses for women? Well, all three of them offer awesome features and are very fashionable. However, our top pick is the Gucci GG0062S Pilot Sunglasses because of its simple and elegant look which can fit any casual or formal wardrobe. Plus, it also has UV400 protective lenses and a standard size which can fit an average woman.
The Maui Jim Women’s Punchbowl Sunglasses, on the other hand, can be a wise option if you have sensitive eyes or if you need one for rehabilitative purposes. It can eliminate glares up to 99% and provides 100% UV protection. Another advantage is that its lenses are prescription-ready. It is also rectangular which compliments different facial shapes and features. Meanwhile, the Prada Women’s Aviator Sunglasses offers a modern and sophisticated look which is a good option if you are into fashion and trends.
All these products are famous for good and exciting reasons. And so, depending on what you need, consider thinking about the factors that are critical to your decision. Do you need one to pull off a certain type of look? Or would you wear one just to protect your eyes? Simple questions such as these can help you choose one that will best fit your needs. But, whatever your reason is, remember to take your time and know in your heart that you are beautiful in and out. You got it, girl!