A weighted vest, as its name suggests, is a vest that has weight bars inside. It is used for fitness training and helps the wearer burn more calories in a shorter amount of time compared to those who exercise without wearing one. That being said, how can one choose the best weighted vest for running?
Finding a vest that suits your purpose is the first thing that you should keep in mind. It should allow you to carry the extra weight without leaving you unable to move comfortably. Additionally, it should also have adjustable weights, making it possible for you to modify it to your needs and preferences.
We hope you love the products we recommend! We only products that we thoroughly investigate and believe is a real value for you.
Sports Send may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. It is at no extra cost for you.
Best Weighted Vest for Running
Running is a relatively easy exercise to take on. While it delivers results when it comes to calorie-burning, these results can sometimes take too long. For that reason, people choose to invest in a weighted vest.
Here are our top three picks to help you find the best weighted vest for running. We’ll provide you with three of our favorite weighted vests on the market today. Each one will have its own set of features, pros, and cons so that you can decide which of the three products suits your needs the most.
1. Hyperwear Hyper Vest Pro
The Hyperwear Hyper Vest Pro boasts a patented design that makes it one of the most comfortable and functional weighted vests on the market. It features 10 pounds of steel weights that are more than enough to get your heart pumping.
Each pocket can fit two pieces of 2.5-pound weighted bars, which you can remove depending on your preference. This feature also allows you to adjust the weights evenly. The Hyperwear Hyper Vest Pro can be used not just for running but also for jogging, hiking, and weight training.
This one-size vest is designed with open laces on the sides, allowing the wearer to adjust the fit to his or her personal preference. The stretchable fabric is durable yet quite thin, making it not too bulky.
- Does not restrict freedom of movement
- Allows for a snug fit
- Moisture-wicking and odor-resistant fabric
- Designed with open sides for ventilation
- Comes in a unisex design
- Does not shift or bounce around
- Offers no chafing
- Easy to put on and take off
- Can be worn under loose clothing
- The steel weights come with smooth edges
- Can be used to level up various activities
- Weights can be distributed evenly
- The pockets tear easily
- The weights may rust without proper maintenance
- Quite difficult to add the weights in
2. MiR Adjustable Weighted Vest
This vest is available in three weights including 20, 40, and 60 pounds. The heaviest variant is perfect for those seeking to burn calories and lose weight fast. It is also more often used by individuals who take on weight training.
Each block of weight weighs three pounds and can be evenly distributed across the chest. It can be placed both on the front and back. Two pieces of powerful Velcro straps keep the vest intact and allows you to strap it to your body securely.
Depending on your preference and the type of workout you wish to do, you can leave the side pockets empty and contour the vest to fit your chest. Another added feature is that it is made from a material that is easy to wash.
- Comes in a minimalistic yet functional design
- Professional constructed using quality materials
- Built to last with proper maintenance
- Adjustable fit and weight
- Comes with compact size metal blocks with rounded edges
- Comfortable to wear
- Can be worn by anyone from fat to skinny to broad to scrawny
- The overall design is best suited for men and not women
- Quite challenging to slide the weights in and out
- Too bulky to be worn under everyday clothes
3. Strength Sports Systems Weighted Vest
For those looking for durability and great value, check out this weighted vest from Strength Sports System. It is available in a variety of design and color variations to allow for individuality even when working out.
This weighted vest is equipped with straps on the sides and shoulder areas. It also boasts triple-layered weight pockets that can carry multiple three-pound metal bars. All in all, the weight can be adjusted from 30 to 40 to 60 pounds depending on the goals of the wearer.
Regardless of the type of workout you are doing, you can rely on this vest to level up your game. It is made with sturdy fabric and straps that are put together professionally to lasts a lifetime. It also comes with a reflective stripe on the back for added safety while jogging at night.
Both men and women can make use of this weighted vest. It comes with a 30-day money back guarantee too, which ensures your investment.
- Provides a snug yet secure fit
- Can be used by beginners and professional athletes alike
- Comes with weights filled with iron ore
- Designed with padded shoulder straps
- The fabric is washable
- Provides an even weight distribution
- Can be used in a variety of activities
- Easy to move and adjust the weights
- Perfect for anyone looking to improve endurance and strength
- Comfortable to wear
- The fabric is not sweat wicking
- A bit difficult to put on and off
- Not compact enough to be worn under work clothes
The three products reviewed above are all made from quality materials, can be adjusted, and are great for running. In fact, many people do not just use them while running, but also when lifting weights or doing aerobics.
However, when it comes to overall functionality and value for money, we would always go for the Hyperwear Hyper Vest Pro. This weighted vest supports movement effortlessly, making it ideal to be used in various activities. It can also be used by both men and women due to its compact design.
Then again, if you are looking for a weighted vest that can carry the most weights, then go for either the MiR Adjustable Weighted Vest or the one from Strength Sports System. Both of them can handle up to 60 pounds of added weight.