Running’s increasing popularity has made it a subculture of sorts with its own market and a demographic data that represents a fair percentage of society who enjoy the sport casually or professionally. Given the size of its market, it is no surprise that running has several lines of products associated with it, including the best phone armband for running.
Here are some of the benefits of wearing an armband while running:
- Keeps Your Hands Free – wearing a running armband gives you back the use of your hands in case you need both to grab at a tree or some rocks during a trail run.
- Receive Constant Updates – most runners often worry about getting messages and calls while running with their phones in their pockets. Wearing an armband lets you see every update whenever you swing the arm with the band, keeping you updated when you need it.
- Keeps Your Phone Secured – armbands wrap around your phones like a shark’s jaw around your limb. The snug fit ensures that your phone will not bounce as you do.
- Does Not Hinder Movement – some runners use their phones as music players while running and they often put their phones inside the pocket of their shorts which can eventually tangle with your swinging arms and can lead to accidental tripping. Armbands bring the phone closer to your ear and let you shorten the cord to reduce the risk of injury.
- Let’s You Focus on Running -the most important benefit of using armbands is that it lets you focus on running. You don’t have to worry about tripping, losing your phone or even missing an important phone call. With such amazing benefits, running armbands make an excellent gift idea for runners and running enthusiasts alike.
The Best Phone Armband for Running: Top 3 On the List
Trianium Armband ArmTrek Pro Sports Exercise Running Pouch and Key Holder
- Universal Size – the Trianium armband fits most phone models, including their phone cases, even the lifeproofed ones. This armband also has an adjustable velcro strap that can fit any arm size of up to 14 inches in diameter.
- Stretch-Resistant – the armband is made of stretch-resistant neoprene that can accommodate phones of any size. It can also bend and flex in any direction without warping.
- Touch Screen Compatible – the screen cover of this armband lets you access your phone’s touchscreen feature, enabling you to make calls or browse maps without taking the phone out of the case.
- Water-Resistant – the design of the Trianium armband ensures that your phone is kept dry and away from water and sweat.
- Secret Compartment – this armband comes with a secret pocket where you can keep your house key or some cash while exercising.
- The phone’s touchscreen remains sensitive even if you are accessing the menu through layers of thick plastic.
- The velcro strap ensures that the armband stays put even after a session of rigorous running.
- The fabric of the velcro straps peels away easily, especially if the phone and the phone case is too large for the armband pocket itself.
- The armband pocket can be a little sticky, especially if moisture seeps in, making it difficult to remove the phone from the screen.
Tribe AB66 Water Resistant Sports Armband with Key Holder
- Stretch-Resistant – the armband sleeve is made of high-quality neoprene which is stretch-resistant and does not go out of shape no matter how hard you flex and fold.
- Universal Size – the velcro strap of the Tribe Armband fits any arm size, up to 16 inches in diameter. The sleeve can hold any phone with up to 5.5-inch screen resolution.
- Reflective Strip – the AB66 has a reflective strip which makes running at night or in low-light conditions safe for you and drivers alike.
- Hidden Key Holder – this running armband also has a secret compartment where you can hide your house or car keys.
- The Tribe AB66 Water Resistant Sports Armband does its job well of securing the phone while running or doing some other physical activity.
- The touchscreen function of the phone remains functional and makes it easy to access music and messages.
- This armband is a little small and could use some room so that there will be no need to remove the phone from its protective casing.
- The hole for the home button allows moisture and water to seep in, risking the chances of water damage on the phone even while running under sunny weather.
- The sleeve opening is a little narrow for a 5.5-inch phone, although it does expand after a while, it still makes it hard to insert a larger phone.
VUP Running Armband with Key Holder
- Universal Size – the VUP armband can fit any phone of up to 5.5-inch resolution. The velcro straps are stretchable and fit almost any arm size.
- Adjustable Angle – the armband sleeve of the VUP can be rotated up to 180 degrees to make viewing messages easier while running.
- Skin-friendly – the armband is made of stretch-resistant neoprene while the straps are made of breathable lycra which remains odor-free and soft even during strenuous activity.
- Sweat-resistant – the neoprene material used for the sleeve is sweat-resistant, and it is also washable with clean water.
- The VUP Running Armband is well-made with high-quality materials, and it even has metal brackets for the rotating sleeve to keep it secure while running.
- The rotating sleeves make phone management fairly quick and stress-free even while on the run.
- The materials of the strap are soft to the skin and sweat-resistant which reduce the risk of skin irritation.
- The straps come in two different sizes, and while the longer one will fit in the arms, there is no guarantee that the other would. It is recommended to wrap the armband lower than you would with other brands.
All three items listed here have the same features and seem to have the same advantages, but with its rotating sleeve and high-quality materials, the VUP running armband with key holder takes the spot for the best phone armband for running.
The problem with the short straps can be solved by wrapping the armband on the forearm instead of the arms. Phone armbands for running are made to keep your hands free while running and having extra features like secret compartments and rotating sleeves are just icing on the cake.