A nice sock can make a huge difference in your running performance. If your feet are comfortable and cool you can run longer and faster.
If you are working towards your first race or a new personal best good socks can be a component to help you get there. So, let’s take a look at the Balega hidden comfort running socks and see what they will do for you.
These socks by Balega are made from imported Drynamix polyester, polyamide nylon andelastane yarns in the republic of South Africa for the American market. It has a hand linked toe closure to create a seamless toe and prevent blisters. It has a heel tab to prevent slippage and has a structured fit with elastane.
The toe and heel are reinforced. The mesh construction creates ventilation and it has plush cushioning at the sole for comfort. It comes in a huge variety of different colors to suit every runner’s taste and a good range of sizes for men and women.
These are the main features of the Balega socks but in this review we will also take a look at what are good and bad about these socks. That way you can easily decide if you want to use them on your next run.
- It is made from imported yarns
- It has hand linked toe closure to create a seamless toe
- It has a heel tab to prevent slippage
- It has a structured fit with elastane
- IT has a reinforced toe and heel
- It has a mesh construction to create ventilation with DryNamixpolyester
- It has under sole cushioning for comfort
- It is available in twelve different colors
- Small sizes are (all US) (men’s 4.5 to 6.5 or women’s 6 to 8)
- Medium sizes are (men’s 7 to 9 and women’s 8.5 to 10.5)
- Large are (men’s 9.5 to 11.5 or women’s 11 to 13)
- Extra Large come in (men’s 12 to 14 or women’s 13.5 to 15.5)
- The socks are made in South Africa for the American market
- These socks keep your feet well ventilated
- It protects your feet from blisters
- They usually do not slip down with the heel tab
- The padding and comfort of these socks are really good
- They are very soft
- The socks are thicker than other hidden socks and will work well for winter running
- They are durable and stay comfortable after prolonged use
- There is a huge range of different colors
- The sizing can be tricky and if they are too large it can cause blisters
- The heel can slip if the sizing is off
- They aren’t as well ventilated as other running socks
- It is not a hidden sock rather it is a low cut sock that will rise above the shoe
- Check carefully that you buy the real brand and not a knock off
- They are a bit pricey
- They have writing on the top layer and it can cause irritation