A nice sock can make a huge difference in your running performance. If your feet are comfortable and cool you can run longer and faster.
If you are working towards your first race or a new personal best good socks can be a component to help you get there. So, let’s take a look at the Balega hidden comfort running socks and see what they will do for you.
These socks by Balega are made from imported Drynamix polyester, polyamide nylon andelastane yarns in the republic of South Africa for the American market. It has a hand linked toe closure to create a seamless toe and prevent blisters. It has a heel tab to prevent slippage and has a structured fit with elastane.
The toe and heel are reinforced. The mesh construction creates ventilation and it has plush cushioning at the sole for comfort. It comes in a huge variety of different colors to suit every runner’s taste and a good range of sizes for men and women.
These are the main features of the Balega socks but in this review we will also take a look at what are good and bad about these socks. That way you can easily decide if you want to use them on your next run.
- It is made from imported yarns
- It has hand linked toe closure to create a seamless toe
- It has a heel tab to prevent slippage
- It has a structured fit with elastane
- IT has a reinforced toe and heel
- It has a mesh construction to create ventilation with DryNamixpolyester
- It has under sole cushioning for comfort
- It is available in twelve different colors
- Small sizes are (all US) (men’s 4.5 to 6.5 or women’s 6 to 8)
- Medium sizes are (men’s 7 to 9 and women’s 8.5 to 10.5)
- Large are (men’s 9.5 to 11.5 or women’s 11 to 13)
- Extra Large come in (men’s 12 to 14 or women’s 13.5 to 15.5)
- The socks are made in South Africa for the American market
- These socks keep your feet well ventilated
- It protects your feet from blisters
- They usually do not slip down with the heel tab
- The padding and comfort of these socks are really good
- They are very soft
- The socks are thicker than other hidden socks and will work well for winter running
- They are durable and stay comfortable after prolonged use
- There is a huge range of different colors
- The sizing can be tricky and if they are too large it can cause blisters
- The heel can slip if the sizing is off
- They aren’t as well ventilated as other running socks
- It is not a hidden sock rather it is a low cut sock that will rise above the shoe
- Check carefully that you buy the real brand and not a knock off
- They are a bit pricey
- They have writing on the top layer and it can cause irritation
These Balega socks will keep your feet ventilated and comfortable on shorter runs. They are made from a mix of synthetic materials (specifically DryNamix polyester) that will work best if you use them for shorter times (less than 4 hours or so).
The socks have blister protection and don’t slip down if they fit well. They also have a heel tab to help keep them in place. These socks are very soft and comfortable and they have good padding that remains soft even after many uses.
The hidden comfort by Balega is thicker than other hidden types and will work well for winter running. These socks are durable and will keep your feet comfortable on your daily run.
They are also available in a massive range of different colors to suit your team or individual style. The Balega Company manufactures the socks in South Africa which adds a nice extra feel-good component to wearing these socks.
As with every race(from 5k to marathon)with a bad patch, we also need to tell you about the parts of these socks that can hamper your performance. With hidden socks, you need to have exact size or they can slip down in your shoe and the sizing can be a bit tricky with these.
They are thicker socks and the ventilation is not as great as other types so they will not be the best for hot summer runs. Especially if you don’t want sweaty feet.The Balega brand offers a well-made sock, but be careful that you don’t get a cheap knockoff, they will not perform the same as the real thing.
It is a low cut sock and won’t be completely hidden and they are a bit pricey compared to other hidden running socks.
Unfortunately, the labelling with the Belega name woven into the sock is not as smooth as the rest and it can cause irritation on your foot. Now that we have weighed up these socks we will give you our final verdict.
The final word
These are nice light hidden socks that are thick enough to keep blisters away while you train for a 10k but still give you a little extra ventilation with the Drynamix material. It is a thicker sock to give you more comfort so it will be a warm sock to wear in summer.
They will hold up very well if you get the correct size and will keep you comfortable even if you need to run a half marathon in pouring rain. The padding is great if your soles need a little extra love and they are well made (if a little expensive).
We recommend these if you want a nice semi hidden sock for training in cooler weather or in the gym. They will help those hot spots to keep their cool and will give you the comfort to reach your running goals.
Hopefully, this review has given you a clear picture of how these hidden socks perform. That way you can be comfortable with spending your money on your running gear. Good luck on your next race!