Wearing the best knee brace for runner’s knee is effective in numbing a runner’s knee (pain around the kneecap). In more scientific terms, it is called the Patellofemoral pain syndrome and it includes all pain related problems of the joint. Ideally, the predominant site of leg injuries is the knee. Common symptoms include pain in the front, all around, or behind the kneecap when walking, running, kneeling, or squatting.
So then the question becomes; what is the best knee support for runners knee? First and foremost, the brace should provide compression and stability to the injured knee. Consequently, it manages inflammation and prevents more damage to the affected ligaments of the knee while reducing pain and easing mobility. Here are three popular best knee brace for runner’s knee in detail.
Ultra Sports Gear Knee Brace
Ultra Sports Gear specializes in manufacturing braces and supports for many different body parts, not just the knee. Moreover, the innovator, Dr. Ope PT, DPT, claims to have suffered from occasional knee pain. After trying different braces without success, he decided to create a brace tailored to suit his needs. His experience with the syndrome, therefore, qualifies him to build a quality product, don’t you think so?
- It comes in two sizes: Regular (13.5”-18”) and Large (18”-24”) with Velcro enclosures and adjustable straps for perfect fitting.
- Comfortable with two-pairs of side springs to enhance mobility and flexibility.
- A non-slip strip made of Silicone Gel stays firmly in place for as long as you want.
- Patella Silicone Gasket with spring stabilizers to aid stability and relieve pain
- Neoprene Fabric decreases sweating below the kneecap.
- Confirmed to treat ACL tear, arthritis, and dislocation.
- Relatively affordable price.
- Designed and tested by its creator himself. If you’re looking for trustworthiness, this is your best bet.
- Re-adjustable straps.
- A little bulky
Blitzu Flex Plus Compression Knee Brace
Since 2010, the Blitzu brand has produced many highly rated products. Moreover, all their products have been proven to be durable and efficient. Blitzu Flex Plus Compression Knee Brace is an exceptional brace for runner’s knee. Here are the top features:
- Stylish and appealing design.
- Augmented Patella Stabilizer crafted to position your ACL, PCL, LCL and MCL ligaments correctly.
- You may choose from a Small (14.5”-17”), Medium (17”-19.5”) and Large size (19.5”-22”) to ensure a tight fit.
- The product comes in a paired package for both knees. It reduces pain and inflammation in the affected knee while protecting your other knee just in case.
- Hastens arthritis, tendonitis, swelling, sprains, and post-surgery recovery.
- Provides a knee massage action to improve sensory-motor functions at the kneecap.
- Heating effect complements blood circulation and also speeds up muscular recovery, healing, and rehabilitation.
- Unique knit structure that enables a 360-degree stretch capability, significantly improving flexibility and durability.
- Latex-free yet still durable. Excellent for people allergic to rubber latex.
- Comes as a pair and not just one knee brace.
- Durable and stylish.
- Might fight snuggly if your measurements are say 20 inch and half (the half is the problem).
PowerLix Compression Knee Sleeve
PowerLix begun development of a new generation knee braces in 2017 distinguishing itself from most other brace making companies. Additionally, the light design establishes a remarkable record in building a brace for runner’s knee.
- Long length with stable pressure application across the knee joint. The constant pressure reduces pain from Meniscus tear, sores, stiffness, ACL, PCL, MCL (ligaments) and other symptoms of runner’s knee.
- Comes in five different sizes: small(S), medium (M), large (L), and extra-large (XL) and extra-extra-large (XXL).
- Provides support, comfort, and pain relief without limiting mobility.
- Tight compression structure prevents slipping, keeps the joints stable and aids blood flow.
- There is also no itchiness as common to Neoprene-based fabrics.
- Excellent sweat absorption and hence it eliminates odor.
- Fashionable. The long blue/black design makes it stylish.
- 6-month money back guarantee.
- 14-day return free policy.
- You need to buy a size higher for a better fit or else it will be too tight.
Besides using braces for runner’s knee, there are other ways you can control your knee pain. Nonetheless, you should always consult a physician for any form of recurring pain, (not just runner’s knee). Other possible solutions you could try are:
- Acupuncture. It involves (as the name suggests) puncturing sterilized skin using a plastic guide tube. If a skilled practitioner performs the procedure, your chances of making a full recovery are higher.
- Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation (RICE). Rest the knee frequently while elevated. Use ice to slow or stop the swelling and wrap a compression bag on the knee.
- Try to balance warm and cold temperatures on your leg. Place an ice pack or cold gel around the knee to reduce swelling. Then use a heating pad, or a warm water to warm to prevent it from stiffness.
- Painkillers. This seems to be the most obvious in the list. You would be surprised how many people remain oblivious to the profound benefits of analgesic drugs and natural medicines.
Keep in mind that people have different healing rates. When someone claims to have healed faster using any particular technique, it’s not guarantee that you will too. You can always try new stuff for as long as it does not hurt you more.
After physical therapy for your leg, a medical professional will often suggest that you look for an appropriate knee brace. That is if the doctor doesn’t already have one for you. The best knee brace for runner’s knee will without a doubt make you runner’s knee disappear much faster than any traditional methods.