Ankle braces started to become popular back in the 1990’s as a way to manage and reduce the risk of ankle injuries in active sports like football, basketball, and volleyball.
The best ankle brace back then had improved designs and less costly materials which allowed it to be more accepted by professional athletes and amateurs alike.
The stiffness of the materials made it better than just getting the ankles taped as it provided more support while providing freedom of movement as well. Since then, ankle braces have evolved from being a cure to becoming a means to reduce the risk of injury.
When Do You Use the Best Ankle Braces?
Ankle braces can be worn either as a preventive measure or as a way of supporting injured ankles.
Athletes often use ankle braces as a way to protect their ankles, especially if they are prone to ankle sprains. People suffering from tendonitis and weak ankle joints also use ankle braces for the same reason.
The support that ankle braces provide helps moderate pain and reduce swelling caused by ankle injuries. The static position with which ankle braces place the foot on is ideal for fast healing. Ankle braces also help prevent future injuries. It helps in strengthening the injured part by making sure that it does not move.
We hope you love the products we recommend! We only products that we thoroughly investigate and believe is a real value for you.
Sports Send may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. It is at no extra cost for you.
Here three of the best ankle braces that you can choose from:
Pure Support Compression Ankle Sleeve Foot Support for Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Heel and Arch Support – the stiff support that this ankle brace provides helps relieve pain from arthritis and tendonitis.
- Boosts Performance – the overall design of the boosts athletic performance and reduces the risk of future injuries.
- Graduated Compression Brace – the graduated ankle brace improves blood circulation and allows for faster recovery.
- Breathable Material – this ankle brace is made using advanced knitting technology which makes it highly breathable and lessens the risk of irritation due to sweat and moisture build-up.
- The design of this ankle brace is well-thought-of as it does not have any issues with fitting inside shoes, with socks and all.
- The exterior of this ankle brace is thick yet comfortable, with tapered ends that do not give an awkward bump when you step with it.
- The compression is okay around the covered areas, but it tends to lose out around the ankles and shins as these are uncovered. This results in minimal relief, especially for people diagnosed with plantar fasciitis.
Lareinae Breathable Ankle Support Compression Brace with Adjustable Strap
- Breathable Materials – the Lareinae ankle support is made of cotton and polyester fiber which make it breathable and comfortable. These materials let air circulate better and prevent sweat from drying up inside.
- Firm Elastic Wrap – this ankle brace has an elastic wrap which is famous with coaches and athletes alike as it can provide firm support not only with the ankles but any other joint in the body like elbows and wrists.
- Lateral Stabilizers – Lareinae ankle brace has medial and lateral stabilizers that offer better stability.
- Universal Size – this ankle brace comes in a one-size-fits-all model for better ankle health.
- The elastic is a little confusing to wrap at first, but it does provide good quality support once you get the hang of it.
- The fully wrapped ankle brace is not bulky and can fit into most shoes, with the socks considered and worn under the brace.
- The Lareinae ankle wrap is easy to clean with just soap and water, keeping the whole ankle area hygienic and always smelling good.
- There are no included instructions with the Lareinae ankle brace, but it is readily available online for download.
Furious Fitwear Ankle Brace Compression Sleeve
- Targeted Comfort – this ankle brace is made of four-way stretch material using 3D techniques for weaving which all ensure that the proper protection and right support is applied to the right area.
- Everyday Wear – the Furious Fitwear ankle brace is designed with comfort and relief in mind. The compression system that it employs makes it okay to be used for extended periods without having to worry about slipping or the wrap rolling up as others do.
- Washable – the fabric used to make the ankle brace is breathable and extremely flexible. This type of material is also washable and easy to maintain.
- Padded Support – the ankle joints of this ankle brace has extra padding that improves blood circulation which, in effect, provides better relief from tendonitis and muscular discomfort.
- Comes in Different Sizes – Furious Fitwear ankle brace is designed for both genders and has several sizes available for you to choose from.
- The Furious Fitwear ankle brace provides a good fit and is designed to last even if it is subjected to constant abuse.
- The ankle brace is very comfortable to wear and the way it wraps around the ankles ensure that it is given sufficient support, rehabilitating an injury in that area.
- Be careful when purchasing this ankle brace as you might order a size smaller than what your feet are. There is an available sizing chart online that can help you finalize your product size.
The three ankle braces have the same function, and they all seem to have the same features with comfortable materials and innovative design. The Furious Fitwear ankle brace rises above the rest with its extra padded support around the ankles that promote better blood circulation.
The Furious Fitwear is also great for everyday wear as it does not roll-up nor does it slip like regular ankle wraps, allowing you to wear it for long periods of time. Give ankle braces a quick look and list out their advantages and disadvantages so you can weight which one is meant for you.
You have to remember that ankle braces are not a 100% solution to ankle problems; they may provide relief and comfort but always make sure to consult a specialist so that you’ll be aware of other things that might help you heal better and faster.