Some runners prefer wearing minimalist shoes that mimic the feel of running barefoot. These running shoes are said to help in muscle strengthening and mileage improvement, but there are others who believe that it is risky to run using these shoes.
All we know is the choice really depends on the user. There are people who prefer running with supportive shoes, while others are more efficient when they are using barefoot shoes.
If you are one of those who love to go barefoot, the first thing you must do is to get the best barefoot running shoes you can find.
Best Barefoot Running Shoes
For Minimalist Runners
Best Barefoot Running Shoes For Minimalist Runners Reviews
Here are our top three picks for barefoot running shoes:
1. Oranginer Men's Barefoot Shoes
This comfy shoe has a lot to offer. Apart from having zero toe-to-heel drop, it has the following:
- Wide Toe Box
The Oranginer Men’s Barefoot Shoes has a toe box that is wide enough to keep your toes relaxed and naturally spread out while running. This helps to keep your balance and gives you better ground feedback for stability and comfort.
- Just Like Being Barefoot
This shoe lets you use your feet more compared to when you are wearing a traditional pair. It promotes the strengthening of the muscle fibers, improves running efficiency, and at the same time decrease injury rates.
- Synthetic Mesh Upper
For utmost flexibility and breathability, this shoe is made with a synthetic mesh upper that is not only lightweight but also helps keep your feet dry.
- Versatile Pair
This trail shoe is suitable for many activities such as walking, running, training, jogging, working out, and more. In fact, it can also be used as a water shoe.
- Great Design
This barefoot shoe has almost zero heel-to-toe drop, allowing the foot to support natural, healthy posture by keeping it in a neutral position.
What’s more, it has a thin sole that promotes better proprioception from the ground and is also flexible, so you are able to move freely and engage with the ground more naturally.
- Wide Toe Box Design - Wide enough toe box allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents, helping with balance and giving you better feedback from the ground.
- Barefoot Inspired - Wearing this barefoot you'll engage your feet more, and strengthen the muscle fibers that get neglected when you're all laced up. With stronger accessory muscles in the foot, injury rates were expected to drop and running efficiency would improve.
- Lightweight & Flexible - The flexible synthetic mesh upper provide breathability when you are doing workout or running, breathable mesh design and insoles can keep your feet away from damp conditions.
- Various Activities - This trail running shoes are suitable for many occasions, such as walking,training, running, jogging, physical exercises, daily gym sports and so on. You can also wear it as a water shoe.
- WARRANTEE & CUSTOMER SERVICE - We produce every pair of shoes responsibly. We trust that you will enjoy our shoes so all of our shoes come with a 12 months Warrantee. If for any reason you are not entirely satisfied, please contact us.
2. Hiitave Trail Barefoot Shoes
Next on our list is this minimalist barefoot shoes for men and women. Here are what it offers:
- Zero Drop
This minimalist shoe has a zero drop heel-to-toe construction that aligns the forefoot and heel with the ground, encouraging correct and low-impact form whenever you run on a trail.
- Wide Toe Box
The toe box of the Hiitave Barefoot Shoe is wide enough to guarantee relaxed and spread out toes. This design promotes stability and comfort during climbs and descents. It also helps minimize soreness and chafing.
Furthermore, the form-fitting heel and midfoot elements keep your feet framed and in place.
- Flexible and Lightweight
This shoe is made with synthetic mesh for the upper, which makes it breathable and lightweight. The thin but durable material makes it flexible as well. Moreover, its stretchable materials ensure a snug fit.
- Great Look and Design
The overall look of this shoe is appealing. It has synthetic overlays that give a sleek look, while the quick lace feature guarantees a customized and secure fit.
In addition, the midsole offers superior shock absorption, and the rubber outsole provides excellent traction and grip.
- Stretch breathable and lightweight upper for a comfy and closely fit
- Hot-melt synthetic overlays for sleek look on toe, sides and heel add extra support stability
- Quick lace ensures a secure and customized fit-just pull, lock the toggle and go
- Absorb shocking midsole provides superior shock absorption, and extra comfort
- Rubber outsole with signature square tread and five-round toe with sturdy reinforcement provides superior grip and protection.
3. Zcoli Barefoot Running Shoes
Comfort and flexibility are among the qualities of this pair. Here are its many awesome features:
- Sock-Like Fit
This barefoot shoe has a seamless upper that is elastic enough to provide a snug fit. The sock-like design moves and stretches with your foot.
- Breathable and Lightweight
The Spandex upper is breathable and keeps the foot dry and fresh, while its light weight ensures ultimate comfort even as you run for miles.
The rubber sole, on the other hand, is soft and foldable, making this pair easy to carry and store. Plus, it dries pretty quickly too.
- Anti-Collision, Wide Toe Box
Even if it is a minimalist shoe, your comfort and ability to move freely are not compromised. The shoe has a wide toe box that gives more room for your toes, promoting the strengthening of the toes and at the same time protecting your feet from the elements.
- Drawstring Tie System
The Zcoli Running Shoe utilizes a drawstring tie system that enables easy put on and take off. This allows easy adjustment and a foot-hugging fit.
- Non-Slip Outsole
This training shoe offers an outstanding grip, reliability, and durability. The outsole features the lumps lug design, which prevents slipping even on wet surfaces.
- Full-Length Cushioning
This shoe is equipped with full-length midsole cushioning that absorbs impact and returns that energy during toe-off, allowing you to propel faster. This makes your run more comfortable and efficient.
- BREATHABLE AND SOFT: Spandex upper provides a comfortable barefoot feeling, and the softness of rubber sole makes the trail running barefoot shoes folding and can be easily packed or carried.
- ANTI-COLLISION TOE BOX: The minimalist barefoot shoes have a wide toe box which makes your toes stretch freely. And the strengthen toes protect your feet from the hurts of the sharp objects.
- ADJUSTABLE HOOK-AND-LOOP CLOSURE: The training shoes with speed elastic draw-string ties system, easy to put on and take off. Just pull, lock the toggle and go.
- NON-SLIP SOLE: The lumps lug design rubber outsole of the zero drop sneaker offers a superior grip and durability to prevent you from slipping on the wet surface and makes a buffer.
- MULTIPLE USES: These minimalist cross training shoes are suitable for casual walking, running, training, hiking, gym, pilates, jogging, biking, climbing, camping, yoga, driving, vacation etc.
All the barefoot shoes we have included on our list offer outstanding features that most of you are looking for in a good pair of barefoot running shoes. These shoes offer comfort, flexibility, support, and style.
These shoes made it to our list because they offer qualities that other barefoot shoes lack. However, the Hiitave Trail Barefoot Shoes and the Zcoli Barefoot Running Shoes did not meet our standards when it comes to durability.
Therefore, the best barefoot running shoes for us is the Oranginer Men's Barefoot Minimalist Shoes. It is not only comfortable and flexible, but it is also made of durable materials that can surely withstand everyday wear, no matter how active you are.