Do you struggle with slope, bad terrain, or uneven lawns when playing golf? Trust me, we all do. A golf rangefinder comes in handy. It aligns all the meanders and grassy corners for that perfect pin. However, not all golf range finders walk the talk. So, in addition to reviewing the TecTecTec VPRO500, this review will discuss all the nitty-gritty. But first, what should you look out for when choosing the ideal golf range finder?
The Key Buying Considerations
- Inclination: The best rangefinders have the advantage to not only evaluate the yardage but also figure out the nature of the slope you are dealing with. This technology gives you the prowess to have a better knowledge of how far you will shoot.
- Features: As a Rangefinder, you sometimes have a hard time telling exactly what you are looking at. It appears as though you have the clarity of pin yardage while, in a real sense, there is blockage by a tree behind the green. An important feature to consider in this instance is the pin seeking mode. It helps you lock the main target, which makes you certain of what you are hitting.
- Exterior: Rangefinders are put through conditions out there that require good endurance. The best one has a plastic coating or a well-padded rubber. A weather-resistant rangefinder could also come in handy.
- Price: Expensive doesn't always mean good quality. The opposite is also true. TecTecTec falls among the rare companies that make impressive and durable products at a modest price.
Disclaimer: We hope you love the products we recommend! We only recommend products that we have thoroughly checked and believe will be a real value to you. Sports Send may collect a small share of sales or other form of compensation from the links on this page at no extra cost to you.
The TecTecTec VPRO500 golf range finder Specs
Most rangefinders have a compact design feature that comes in handy. This particular one is especially unique because it is of a reasonable dimension and weight hence tucks well into the side pockets of most golf bags. All you need is a proper case to clip the rangefinder accurately to an outside accessory ring, thus making it easy for storage.
The tool has a massive yet sensible range. You will find a laser capacity big enough to measure up to the maximum level of 540 yards, which is perfect for a beginner in the intermediate tees. The rangefinders providing larger ranges of up to 1000 yards are mostly high end; hence you might end up paying much more for features you might never use.
Pin Detection Technology
This is a wonderful feature that makes the rangefinder more user-friendly. The VPro 500 has a simple set up of this characteristic. The laser lets you know about the right yardage when it gets in sync with the green brackets pin flash on display. This way, you can confirm the right yardage while overlapping any distractions present for accuracy.
The display you get on the optics is quite clear and solid. It is important to note that the main purpose of the viewing glass therein is not to give a spectacle of the scenery. The sole responsibility is to find obstacles in the environment as well as to maneuver in the yardage. Once you establish that, the rangefinder will be effective to its utmost capability.
Once in a while, the rain could catch up with you when you are on the golf course. A little moisture should not ruin the fun for you while at play, and TecTecTec has made sure of that. In addition, the fact that the VPro 500 is water resistant makes it the best option for any weather condition.
The club comes with an impressive warranty that gives you confidence and assurance of the product. As an off-brand option, the warranty factor has raised affirmations as it is mostly associated with big brand clubs. Any defects you encounter with the rangefinder within the first month is fixed or replaced for free.
Moreover, you have a refund guarantee in the first two months after the club purchase. That is a nice factor to consider, bearing in mind it is a huge step into the game. It is no doubt a good club, but that does not mean you will not get your money back in case of a fallout.
The price feature is among the best selling point for this specific rangefinder. It goes without saying that the other features have their unique advantages placed at pricier alternatives of technology. What you pay for this VPro500 rangefinder is twice less than other clubs you would find.
The long-lasting feature in this product is one to highly reckon with. This feature is supported by the sturdy rubber and hefty plastic whose sole purpose is protection against scratches and scuffs that you are likely to experience on the golf course. This is not to say that the rangefinder is indestructible, but it is a confirmation that it could easily endure the normal wear and tear.
The Word Outside
You not only find good reviews about the product from the company, but also the people that use it on a regular basis. The general consensus is that it is accurate and simple with a high endurance to wear and tear. The fact that it is also dust resistant makes it perfect for surveying and measuring without having to worry about heaviness and accuracy. It comes in a tiny, sleek, and all-black body.
- It requires a firm hand to handle it
- Extreme weather conditions may cause it to fog
- Non-rechargeable battery, so you might need to carry extra batteries for long trips.
The ratio of advantages to disadvantages to the TecTecTec VPRO500 clearly proves that the product does the job to the best of its ability. It is a solid rangefinder that comes at an affordable price and easily accessible. The few features that you lose, like slope detection and loose grip are replaced by strong and unique features like the pin detection technology, high-quality optics, and the water-resistant factor. In case you are looking to hit just close to the pin without paying a fortune, this is the right product for you.