Most of us would agree that running is the go-to exercise for most people. It is no wonder because it does not require any sort of complicated equipment and everybody knows how to do it already. Unlike other exercises like aerobics, Zumba, and yoga, you won’t have to learn different steps and movements to run.
It is very simple and effective. What makes running a great exercise is that it strengthens the muscles, improves our cardiovascular fitness, helps us lose a lot of weight, and it can relieve stress.
As simple as running is, there is one thing that you must have and that is running shoes. Not wearing the appropriate shoes can hinder your exercise as it is harder to move around in and it can also cause you injuries.
Shopping for the perfect running shoes can be a bit complicated and time consuming. To make it easier, we have rounded up three of the best running shoes for women.
We hope you love the products we recommend! We only products that we thoroughly investigate and believe is a real value for you.
Sports Send may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. It is at no extra cost for you.
Asics Women’s Gel-Venture 5 Running Shoe
This Japanese brand has become well-known because of their high quality shoes and sports equipment. The company’s name ASICS an acronym of a Latin phrase (Anima Sana In Corpore Sano) which means “a healthy soul in a healthy body”.
They have made their mark in the global market and are still continuing to do so. They specialize on different types of shoes used for running, wrestling, tennis, volleyball, and more. ASICS also sponsors professional sports teams from different countries.
Their Women’s Gel-Venture 5 Running Shoes are one of their best sellers. To know more about it, below is a list of its features:
- Has a neutral arch support
- Rearfoot GEL cushioning technology
- Removable sockliner
- Breathable mesh
- Lace-up system
- AHAR or ASICS High Abrasion Rubber Outsole
- Rugged trail specific outsole
Pros and Cons
Like all products, Asics Women’s Gel-Venture 5 Running Shoe has some positive and negative qualities. To start it off, here are the pros:
- Has enough toe space
- Easy to put on and take off
- Cute design and you have a lot of colors to choose from
- Very comfortable and great arch support
- Great for those who has plantar fasciitis and other foot ailments
- Reasonable price
- Almost no break in period
There is no doubt that the Asics Women’s Gel-Venture 5 Running Shoe have great qualities. Let us now break down the downsides of this product:
- Not recommended for warm weather as it is not that breathable
- The arch support could be better
- Some may find these shoes a little heavy and stiff
- The GEL system is not that present
- There is a slight squeaking sound
Under Armour Women’s Micro G Assert 6 Running Shoes
This famous American company, Under Armour, has been around for more than 2 decades. They sell sportswear, shoes, accessories, and casual apparel all over the world. They are known to produce athletic shirts that has unique features like reflecting heat which they call “Coldblack”.
Their shoes are their fastest growing product line. Here is a list of Under Armour Women’s Micro G Assert 6 Running Shoes features:
- Made from leather, rubber, acetate, ethylene vinyl, synthetic, and textile
- Full- length Micro G foam and EVA sock liner
- Rubber placed strategically to cover high impact zones for more durability without the extra weight
- Mesh upper with a supportive, light foam underneath
- Rubber outsoles and durable leather overlays
- Comes in 16 beautiful color combinations
Pros and Cons
Each product has its own positive and negative sides. Here are some of the great benefits you can get from using Under Armour Women’s Micro G Assert 6 Running Shoes:
- Very comfortable
- Has a smooth landing and good shock resistance
- Adjusts to your feet quickly after a few uses
- Wide toe area
- Cute, stylish design with lots of color options
- Accurate sizing chart
- Worth the money
Now here are some qualities that Under Armour can consider improving on:
- Not recommended to use during hot weathers because it is not breathable
- You may need to wear socks at ankle’s or above ankle’s length or you might get blisters
- Some may find the arch being too high and uncomfortable
- May make your feet bigger than it really is
- A bit bulky for some