Now, the question is, how will you know that it’s the perfect pair? How should running shoes fit? Read on to find out.
How to Measure Foot Size Properly?
Before getting the right fit of running shoes, it is important to start with your foot measurement. This can be achieved by following these six easy steps:
1. Place a piece of paper on a hard and flat-surfaced floor.
2. Stand with one foot on the paper. Be sure to wear socks similar to what you wear when running.
3. Trace a thin line around the outside of your foot while keeping your body weight over your foot.
4. Determine your foot length by vertically measuring the length of your foot tracing.
5. Determine your foot width by measuring the widest part of your foot tracing horizontally.
6. Repeat steps on the other foot.
How to Find the Right Size?
During running, your feet tend to lengthen and widen as they make contact to the ground. They then return to their normal size once they reach mid-air.
Due to these adjustments, it is recommended to choose a pair that is half size longer than your measured size or your standard casual shoes.
How Should Running Shoes Fit?
These basic principles should always be your top considerations to know whether the running shoes perfectly fit your feet.
This should allow about a half- t