- Stylish athletic shoes
- Non-binding, stretch-knit uppers
- Seam-free, extra foam, anti-microbial padded interior
- Premium anatomical arch support 1919
- Heel cushioning midsole
- Rigid, anti-slip, shock-absorbing, ergonomic rubber outsole
- Fitting spacers for an adjusyoutable fit
- Wide toe box
- Recommended by podiatrists for most common foot conditions
They may take time to break-in
Wear out faster
Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers are stretchy men’s athletic shoes. They have an ergonomic design for heel and foot pain relief. These sneakers rely on the patented Orthofeet Cushioning Technology to give you the feel of “walking on a cloud.” In turn, you get instant pain relief from over 40 common foot conditions, including plantar fasciitis, bunions, diabetic feet, and Morton’s Neuroma.
Below is a summary of the specifications: -
Size: 7 – 14 X-Wide
Widths: Standard Medium (D), Wide (2E), X-Wide (4E)
Material Uppers: Synthetic
Material Midsole: Ergonomic-Stride (TM), Gel Insert
Material Outsole: Rubber
Toe Box: Wide
Color: Black, Grey
Orthofeet is a renowned orthopedic footwear company that makes exceptionally comfortable and fitting shoes for men and women. Its Lava series provides casual wear for men who struggle with heel and foot pain. More so, the series opts for an innovative pain relief technology that includes a breathable stretch-knit synthetic upper, padded fabric interior, cushioned midsole, removable orthotic inserts, a wide toe box, and slip-resistant rubber outsole. It is an ergonomic design that retails with removable anti-odor, arch-supporting premium orthotic inserts to prevent the need for surgery when fixing flat feet problems.
Below is a detailed look at the ten attributes of the Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers: -
Innovative Pain Relief Technology for Common Foot Conditions
Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers uses a Bio-Mechanical Design that corrects biomechanical foot issues to relieve heel and foot pain. Hence, since 1985, podiatrists prescribe sneakers for men with the following common foot conditions: -
- Plantar Fasciitis: - The sneakers have orthotic insoles that shift pressure off your heels to minimize strain and pain when walking. That way, they relieve heel pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
- Diabetic Feet: - Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers opts for a stretchy, non-binding upper, seamless interior, feet-hugging orthotic insoles, and ergonomic outsoles. These traits provide optimal support for diabetic feet to prevent the formation of ulcers, calluses, or sores due to poor nerve sensations.
- Bunion: - If you struggle with bunions, wearing shoes that relieve pressure from these regions prevents unnecessary redness, swelling, or blistering. For this, the Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers have a non-binding structure, stretchable uppers, and a wide toe box for ample movement of feet inside the shoes.
- Arthritic Feet: - When managing arthritis, doctors recommend wearing shoes with a comfortable and well-fitting feel. That’s why Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers use soft foam padding for its interior to gently hug your feet and prevent any pain at the pressure points.
- Overpronation: - Overpronation, a condition that causes feet to roll inwards as you walk, can be corrected with the proper orthotic insoles. Hence, Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers uses the premium removable Othortic insoles for anatomical arch support. The insoles stabilize the strides for an improved foot function.
- Swollen Feet: - Since these shoes have a stretchy upper and a wide toe box to conform to the feet contours and provide extra room for the toes, it accommodates swollen feet for all-day comfort.
Morton’s Neuroma: - Morton’s Neuroma triggers pesky pain and inflammation between the toes. For, the condition thickens the nerve tissues resulting in painful burning sensations. Yet, this condition that affects up to a third of the U.S. adult population is manageable by wearing shoes with a spacious toe area. That’s why podiatrists prescribe Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers for persons with Morton’s Neuroma. The sneakers have a wide toe box, anatomical arch support, and ample cushioning at the ball of the foot; an ergonomic design for managing this foot condition.
- Chronic Ankle Instability & Ankle Pain: - The ergonomic nature of the Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers stabilizes the ankle to offer fast ankle pain relief. They are suitable for anyone prone to ankle sprains when walking, standing, or doing mild exercises.
- Other foot conditions that can benefit from Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers include:
- Accessory Navicular Syndrome
- Capsulitis of the Second Toe
- Drop Foot
- Haglunds Deformity
- Hallux Limitus/Rigidus
- High Arches/High Instep
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Arch Pain/Arch Strain
- Cavus Foot
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT)
- Claw Toes
- Fat Pad Atrophy
- Flat Feet/Fallen Arches
- Hammertoe/Mallet Toe
- Heel Pain/Heel Spurs
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Metatarsalgia/Ball of Foot Pain
- Morton's Toe
- Post-Tib Tendonitis
- Shin Splints
- Under Pronation/Supination
Premium Removable Orthotic Insoles
Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers use the innovative Ortho-Cushion™ System for its premium removable insole. It is a multilayered foam cushion that redistributes pressure from the feet and legs, keeping them fatigue-free all day. The top cover of this breathable foam has the DryPlex™ anti-odor and PolyU™ foam to keep the feet smelling fresh and dry regardless of the weather. Next, a contoured heel seat cushions the heel to relieve heel pain associated with plantar fasciitis. And its anatomical arch support stabilizes the foot in line with the rest of the body to prevent overpronation and ease heel and foot pain. In turn, these insoles support your feet, knees, hips, and lower back.
Superior Cushioning & Premium Support
When you wear the Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers, you will feel spring to your step. It is a feeling like walking on a cloud, courtesy of the sneaker’s super cushioning system and premium support. Indeed, the shoes use the innovative removable foam insole with a mild Rocker. And the interior has a soft fabric padding that guards your entire foot against irritation or friction-induced blistering. Ultimately, you have a lightweight pillow-like supportive shoe that keeps your foot stable while bouncing off the harsh impact from below.
Next, these shoes have fitting spacers to help you achieve a snug fit. This shoe accessory is necessary for these shoes that retail with a wide toe box and non-binding uppers. The removable fitting spaces retaining with 1/16” and 1/8” thicknesses will adjust the fit by up to one shoe size.
Adjustable Arch Support
Apart from the flexible fit, these shoes use the Orthofeet arch booster system for adjustable arch support. The system is added to the orthotic insole to reinforce its arch support. That way, pressure is redistributed away from the heel and the ball of the foot for all-day comfort.
Slip-Resistant Rubber Outsoles
Note that the Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers qualify as athletic shoes. In turn, they use a robust rubber outsole for advanced grip. It is a stiffer section where the foot meets the ground. More so, the outsole is built to last and endure any rigorous workouts and uneven terrain.
Wide Toe Box
Another unique attribute of the Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers is their wide toe box. It creates extra room for the feet on both sides, accommodating persons with wider feet. More so, it enhances the functionality of this shoe as athletic wear. And, it keeps anyone with swollen feet or foot conditions affecting the toe area (like hammertoes and bunions) comfortable all day.
The OrthoFeet Men’s Lava Sneakers retail in medium/standard, wide, and extra-wide widths. These three sizes have most of the additional width at the forefoot. That way, they fit perfectly for persons whose prevailing foot conditions result in visible bulging or stretching when they wear sneakers.
Since the Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers opt for a breathable synthetic upper, removable insert, and rubber outsole, they are easy to clean using a damp washcloth. Use warm soapy water to clean the interior and exterior of the shoes. They air dry fast, without losing shape or form. Still, these shoes are not machine washable. And, the soft synthetic uppers and foam fabric interior may not endure prolonged usage.
60- Day Wear Test
The Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers retail with a 60-day comfort guarantee. The warranty allows customers to wear and test the sneakers risk-free for the first 60 days. That way, anyone not satisfied with the purchase can return the shoes and claim a full refund. Now, considering that some customer reviews report the sneakers taking some time to break in, this 60-day wear test provides that peace of mind for the first few weeks.
Men with existing foot conditions or prone to getting foot injuries when working out, jogging, running, or walking should try the Orthofeet Men’s Lava Sneakers. These are comfortable and supportive athletic shoes to help deal with heel and foot problems. They retail with convenient accessories like the fitting spacers and premium removable Orthortic insoles for a custom snug fit and anatomical arch support. Likewise, their ergonomic design and exceptional cushioning technology disperse body weight throughout the feet, preventing injuries.