When we run or jog, we all exhibit a characteristic stride and gait, which is how our body, particularly our feet, moves in relation to the surface we are moving on. This flow of motion that the feet and legs take has a particular pattern, depending on which form offers the most comfort and ease for the runner. This form is the target of the best stability running shoes.
Specialized shoe designs, such as stability shoes, were made to match the gait of the runner to provide ample support and avoid unnecessary risks to injury that are inherent to their natural gait. Stability shoes were initially made to correct overpronation of the feet during running.
Overpronation is the inward rolling of the feet as they hit and launch off the ground. Stability shoes have later on evolved into shoes that do not simply correct overpronation but provide comfort and support to the gait that the runner is most comfortable with.
If you are on the lookout for one, we have reviewed three of the best stability shoes designed for running.
We hope you love the products we recommend! We only products that we thoroughly investigate and believe is a real value for you.
Sports Send may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. It is at no extra cost for you.
Best Stability Running Shoes Reviews
We looked into the features offered by three products, as well as the pros and cons of each pair. This way, you can easily find what suits you perfectly.
Brooks Womens Ariel 16 Overpronation Stability Running Shoes
The Brooks Women’s Ariel ’16 Overpronation Stability Running Shoe is made to provide comfort and support to runners whose running motion promotes pronation, which is the inward rolling of their feet.
Upon unboxing, here are the things we found about the Brooks Womens Ariel 16 Overpronation Stability Running Shoes:
- Adequate cushioning: The shoes utilize maximum cushioning. It has a differential of 12 mm. It also has super DNA midsole that adds to the cushioning.
- Element mesh: The shoes have moisture-managing element mesh which helps protect your feet from the outside environment while maintaining a cool atmosphere inside.
- Multiple support: An external, structured saddle was built to be adjustable so that you can fine-tune the support your feet needs. The fit can be managed with lace-up closure, and the heel has an external heel counter.
- Made with fabric and synthetic material
- Comfortable to wear
- Rubber soles
- Limited color options
Nike Women’s Air Zoom Odyssey Running Shoes
Coming in 23 colors and made by a popular brand, is the Nike Women’s Air Zoom Odyssey Running Shoes the best?
The shoes have the following key features:
- Cooler inner temperature: The Nike Women’s Air Zoom Odyssey Running Shoes is made with synthetic and mesh, providing ample cooling effect to the feet when used.
- Rubber sole: The soles are made with rubber that provides plenty of grip on any surface you are walking or running on. No need to worry about slipping or losing your footing in any road condition. Duralon rubber is found in the forefoot, while high-abrasion rubber is placed in the heel area.
- Dynamic support: The Air Zoom Odyssey has an active support platform that is combined with a dual-density midsole foam which has a soft cushioning effect, as well as medial support that helps you when you move.
- Breathable materials
- Provides enough support
- Durable traction
- Color variety
- Secure fit
- No wide sizes
ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoes
As another product made by a popular brand, the ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoes is designed for individuals who run for long hours.
The ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoes is loaded with great features, including:
- Mesh material: The mesh FluidFit material used in the construction of this product allows multi-directional reinforcements that wrap the users’ feet to fit like a glove, creating a snug, comfortable feel when worn.
- Rubber soles: The soles are made with rubber that provides adequate grip on any surface and road condition.
- Linked componentry: The ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoes is designed with the company’s linked componentry. This is meant to help improve the runner’s gait all the way from the heel strike to the toe-off.
- Cushioning: The ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoes is designed with the FluidRide which provides a combination of cushioning and bounce-back properties while maintaining high durability and low weight. It also has gel cushioning systems which are used both in the rear and front foot areas. This decreases the shock during toe-off phases and impact, as well as provides mobility on several planes during the transition of the foot through the cycle of its gait.
- Heel Clutching System technology: This is an exoskeletal heel counter that has improved support which also gives an improved heel fit. This holds the heel better while maintaining superior toe spring.
- Breathable and durable
- Great traction
- Multiple cushioning systems
- Multiple color options
- Not true to size and fit
The three stability shoes we reviewed above all have the needed features to make sure that you have a comfortable and safe running experience. They have rubber soles which offer the right amount of grip or traction when you run on the road, the track, or even on a treadmill. They also all have a mesh design that allows the shoes to maintain a comfortable temperature inside.
Breaking them down, the Brooks Women’s Ariel ’16 Overpronation Stability Running Shoes is a good choice for individuals who need a basic pair of shoes that provides ample support and stability to the feet. On the other hand, the Nike Women’s Air Zoom Odyssey Running Shoes stands out with the fact that it has additional cushioning, high-abrasion rubber, and Dynamic Support Platform. Also, since it comes in a wide variety of colors, this is perfect for fashion-conscious runners.
That being said, the ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoes offers the most number of features among the three. It is made to stretch over the feet to provide a snug fit, and the stretch reinforcements adapt to the shape of each foot. There is also a balance between cushioning, weight, durability, and bounce back.
These shoes are one step ahead of the others with the Heel Clutching System Technology. It also takes the lead with its gel cushioning systems. These lessen the shock felt during heel impact and toe-off, as the foot goes through the gait cycle.